Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happy Release Day, Rock Hard by Nalini Singh

Rock Hard is the third story in Nalini Singh's Rock Kiss series, novel number 2. 

The hero is a retired rugby star, now a star in the business world. "Too big and muscled and dangerous, but gorgeous. Like a tiger was gorgeous. Right before he ate you." He is crazy about the heroine, right from the first. "Smart women were his catnip." The heroine is the best friend of the heroine in Rock Addiction. She calls herself Charlie-mouse and him T-Rex. She has serious issues, from an abusive former relationship. Charlie Mouse does fall in love with T-Rex, almost in spite of herself. Molly, Charlotte's best friend, the heroine from Rock Addiction, appears only in random phone calls. 

This longer contemporary romance is a keeper because it does involve the seriously sexy rock star world Ms Singh created in the first two stories, Rock Addiction and Rock Courtship. I gave this story 4 stars instead of 5 because I love the first novel, Rock Addiction, better. I wish this book had more continuity with the previous Rock Kiss books, with the sexy band members. I know, it didn't quite work with this story but I missed it. 

I am looking forward to more books in this series.

I did get a complimentary copy from NetGalley and I am working on getting my book blog up and running properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment