Sunday, March 8, 2015

NancyK's Goodreads review "The Earl's Defiant Wallflower" by Erica Ridley

This is a sweet Regency romance, the first novel in Erica Ridley's Dukes of War series. I actually read this after I read the second novel in the series. I would recommend reading them in order, just for the enjoyment of the recurring characters, the hilarious introduction to the hero of the second book.
I love the fact that the hero likes the heroine, in spite of all his better judgement. "He'd swept the incomparable wallflower into a waltz before all and sundry, and he didn't even know her name. His shoulders tensed. He certainly putt the err in knight errant."
I love that the hero persisted in helping others: "rescuer of people who wished he'd leave them alone."
And I loved the fact that the hero saw the heroine as "delighting in acting the role of termagent" and he "was appalled to find it a bit ... refreshing." The only reason I did not give this book 5 stars was that I liked the second book better! I told you I should read them in order!
I did get a complimentary copy from NetGalley and I am working on getting my book blog up and running properly.
Goodreads.com Review List View all my reviews at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment