Monday, March 23, 2015

Goodreads review of Duke of Thorns

Duke of Thorns (Heiress Games, #1)Duke of Thorns by Sara Ramsey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This historical romance is listed as book 1 in the Heiress Games series. I would strongly recommend reading the Muses of Mayfair series first. Especially the fourth book in that series, The Earl Who Played with Fire. The Duke in the Duke of Thorns is apparently the villain in the previous book!

This book was a bit of a slow starter for me. But once I figured out the back story, I liked it. A reformed bad boy, that I could like. Also a strong-willed American as the heroine, that I could also like. I did feel like the Heiress games premise was not explained well. And the Duke's curse was never explained either. Possibly more back story from the previous series. I will probably go find the previous Muses of Mayfair books, and read them, in order.

I am looking forward to the next book in the Heiress Games series. And I received a complementary review copy from NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment