Friday, July 17, 2015

My Imaginary Ex is a fun, quick read.

My Imaginary ExMy Imaginary Ex by Mina V. Esguerra
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is one of the three novellas in Perfect Boyfriends: A Chic Manila collection. This is an interesting take on the Friends-to-Lovers theme. It is set in the Philippines. I liked that.
I liked the plot twist. The hero, Zac, had asked Jasmine to pretend to be his ex-girlfriend. And they both had used this bit of pretend history to their advantage throughout several years. Then Zac decides to get married. His real ex-girlfriends recruit his imaginary ex-girlfriend to persuade Zac not to marry. That puts Jasmine in a perfect quandary. What is real?
This is a really cute, fun, short read. I liked it a lot. I received a copy in an online giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment