Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Four stars out of the Amazon TBR freebie pile

Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1)Tattoo Thief by Heidi Joy Tretheway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book one of the Tattoo Thief series. I liked this book a lot. This is a romance between a small town journalist moved to New York, and a rock star. Our heroine, Beryl, has taken a new job which quickly evolves to house sitting for the rock star Gavin.
It is written in the first person, which only becomes awkward when we get the hero's point of view, told from the heroine's voice. Since Beryl is a journalist, it made perfect sense to me that she googled her client, not stalker-ish at all.
But the fascinating hook, if you will, was that the couple didn't meet in person until the book was almost over. They meet, and fell in love, via email and text.
I discovered this book out of my pile of Amazon freebies, after a mention in a book blog I follow, thanks Aestas Book Blog! I look forward to reading more of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment