Sunday, July 19, 2015

Both editions of Mistress of Pleasure are Keepers.

Mistress of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #1)Mistress of Pleasure by Delilah Marvelle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This historical romance is the first book in the School of Gallantry series. It is the second edition. SO of course I had to go get the first edition and compare. I liked the first edition a lot. Would I like the second?
Both are historical romance. The hero is a duke. Our heroine is the daughter of a courtesan. I love that the heroine is kind of straight laced and is slightly embarrased by her grandmother. Very much like having a hippy grandmother now I suppose.
Second edition - I like it as well. It has spicier sex scenes, And a new subplot involving her grandfather, yes the one with the courtesan grandmother. Therefore more backstory. And I am always a fan of that.
But I liked the first one. Not better, just different.
The first edition was as explicit and probably as long as was typical then. The second edition is published by the author, so clearly she wanted these additions. And I love that the author got to finish her story.

Both editions win! I am going to keep both, labeled original and revised.

I got a complimentary copy from NetGalley, in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment