Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Happy Release Day Never Resist A Rake

Never Resist a Rake (Somerfield Park, #2)Never Resist a Rake by Mia Marlowe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this medium length historical novel, the second in the Somerfield Psrk series. It was a bit slow in the middle, and I did feel the characters were a bit modern on their outlook and behavior.
I did like that they met cute. The hero tried to pick her up in a museum, and her friend drug the heroine, Rebecca, away from that bounder. Turns out he is the long lost heir to a marquess. It seemed a bit muddled how she ended up as the prize in a prizefight, but that allowed our hero to save the day.
I did not like the dowager marchioness at all, and I thought the man who previously had been the heir to the marquess was strangely satisfied with losing all that position and money.
I did like that the current marquess and the long lost heir did have time to understand and forgive each other.
I got a complementary copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment