Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy Book Birthday The Major's Faux Fiancee!!!

The Major's Faux Fiancee (The Dukes of War, #4)The Major's Faux Fiancee by Erica Ridley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the third novel, fourth story in the Dukes of War series. I love this series! I even went back to check I hadn't missed any.
This medium length historical romance is more dramatic in tone than the previous novels in this series, which I would characterize as romantic comedy. But I still liked this book a lot.
The hero, was a twin, and the heroine, the girl next door, could always tell them apart. Love that!
He considers himself an ex-soldier with nothing to offer. She didn't think him broken at all.
She considered her lot in life to do charity work. But for her "Charity work was a sure thing. Love was a risk. And Daphne wasn't much of a gambler." so our hero certainly has his work cut out for him.
And Daphne has a guardian, a pirate!, that loves to meddle.
I liked this book a lot!
I got a complementary copy from the author, thanks!, in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment