Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Whispering Bay is a charming small town I want to get to know.

That Thing You Do That Thing You Do by Maria Geraci
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This contemporary romance is the first in the author's series Whispering Bay. I read the second in the series first and had to back up and read this. I strongly recommend reading in order.
I loved finding out the beginning to the story. That Thing You Do is about high school sweethearts Allie and Tom, long separated when Tom married his first girlfriend, who had gotten pregnant. Now Tom is divorced and Allie, a writer, is in town for a story. Tom has an extremely amicable divorce, which, honestly confused me mightily in the second book, which is about Tom's ex. If I had read this book first I would have been less confused at how friendly this divorced couple is.
I loved that Allie talked nonstop when she got nervous. And Tom got that. I loved that Tom and Allie had "that elusive thing that not only drew two people to one another, but kept them together, as well." And I loved the way the author evoked scents - Jean Nate was Allie's long dead grandma's scent.
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review. And I look forward to reading the rest of the Whispering Bay series.

No comments:

Post a Comment